Wednesday 20 April 2011

RIP Lis Sladen


I am still in bits and crying about this, so maybe not my best post but Sarah Jane Smith actress Elisabeth Sladen has unexpectedly died, aged 63, of cancer.

Truly she was the ultimate Doctor Who companion and played a huge part in many of our lives - I personally wanted to be a journalist when I was 10 just because of her role.

There are still episodes of "The Sarah Jane Adventures" to be screened, but I would expect this weekend's series opener to be dedicated to both Lis, and Nick Courtney, who also left us earlier this year. It's cruelly ironic that "Planet of the Spiders" was released this week on DVD, where Sarah and the Brigadier say goodbye to the third Doctor, Jon Pertwee. Now all three and producer Barry Letts are gone.




No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin