Tuesday 24 March 2009

"Planet of the Dead" - a bit more Tritovore

This website has posted even more pics from the Easter special, including several of the Tritovore - I'm putting them last if you don't want to see.







I've picked out a few comments from their visitors:

"Well, it's a pretty convincing insect head but, yeah, I gotta agree how do this poor critter zip up it's jumpsuit or pull on boots with those claws?"

"So, basically just slightly less dapper versions of the husks from 'Ghostlight.'

I hate to say it, but this will be the second episode in a row where the new monsters have been... kind of lame.

You'd expect flappy cloth "robot monster" suits and tan coveralls from a Peter Davison episode, but not 2009. If you can't afford to give your monster a proper torso, then maybe you need to rethink your design a little."

"I also live how these aliens not only wear khaki jumpsuits, they wear off-the-rack motorcross pit crew jumpsuits covered in big plastic zippers with those stupid little 3" aglet zipper pulls that you find on every single ski-jacket manufactured in the last 15 years.

Yep. That's just sooooooooooooo alien looking, that is!"


And I have to say I agree, at least on the evidence of these pictures. I think I perceive a general problem with the series only being able to do 'industrial' as the look for the future, especially obvious with the reappearance of the red/orange spacesuit in two different stories (and apparently about to make it into a third). Hopefully the Moff will try for a bit more variety in inspiration, like the Gaudi vibe on "Brain of Morbius".

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin