Thursday 30 October 2008

Goodbye David


I know I've been slack again lately (I may yet go into the possible reasons why) but I couldn't let last night's surprise announcement go by unmarked.
David Tennant used his live award acceptance speech at the National Television Awards last night to confirm he was leaving the "Doctor Who" role after the 2009 specials.
So technically it's not goodbye until Christmas 2009 (or perhaps New Year 2010).
He'll be a hard act to follow - for many he IS the Doctor, though I wouldn't go quite that far.
Speculation has been feverish about who'll be the 11th Doctor - might it even be 'The Next Doctor" - David Morrissey - or is that a red herring in a bluff or whatever tease RTD has in mind?
Of the names I've seen paraded on the forums I favour Julian Rhind-Tutt, last spotted as baddie of the week in "Merlin" last Saturday but best known for "Green Wing" and the Barclaycard ads.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin