Saturday 17 March 2007

Comic Relief 2007: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"



As my hook upon which to hang a further plug for the hugely worthwhile Comic Relief event this year, here's one of my highlights of yesterday's show (that and Catherine Tate getting PM Tony Blair to say "Am I Bovvered?") as Peter Kay, Matt Lucas and The Proclaimers enact a rousing version of the latter duo's most famous song.

Kay and Lucas are in character as the wheelchair bound Brian Potter and Andy Pipkin. It's a star-studded audience too, which is great fun to spot. There's a heartwarming gathering of 'non-human characters' from Frank Sidebottom to Basil Brush, a host of blasts from the past such as Limahl and Rod, Jane and Freddy and there's even 2 old-school "Doctor Who" companions and one new-school Doctor. But I wouldn't entirely trust the list that appears at the end!



As a neat coincedence on both the "Doctor Who" front and The Proclaimers front, next month sees the opening of "Sunshine on Leith" a musical staged at Dundee Rep based on the duo's songs and written by season 3 scribe (and "River City" creator) Stephen Greenhorn.

Donate your cash, from wherever you might be, at http://www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday

You know it's right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is on sale to raise money for some really worhtwhile charities you idiot - why are you pointing people to watch it for free on You Tube?

Graeme said...

Thanks for the name calling "Anonymous'.


As I thought my post underlined I was trying to highlight the event further and even gave the URL to donate.

Anyone with a VCR or whatever who taped this must equally be in the wrong then? As would be the person who posted it to YouTube? This is released as a single on Monday and the video will be broadcast many times after. I chose carefully what to use for my plug.

In the scheme of things I feel this is a promotion of the charity effort, not an attempt to scam it.

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin