Sunday 25 March 2007

Happy 60th Elton!

Today marks the beginning of British Summer Time for 2007 as well as the 50th birthday of what has become the EU and 200 years since the UK voted to end slavery but what does shallow me choose to commemorate? Yup, Sir Elton John is 60 today and you just can't help but love him, our surrogate Queen Mother!

I've picked 3 YouTube clips featuring the man himself. I couldn't quite get them to match my favourite 3 tracks, but it's close.

First of 2 duets is "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" with Billy Joel



Then there's a fairly recent reunion with Kiki Dee at Madison Square Garden for "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"



Lastly, a slightly barking David LaChapelle video to accompany Las Vegas performances of Elton's most personal song, "Someone Saved My Life Tonight". It's based on a suicidal moment from 1969, with the someone being early mentor Long John Baldry.



As a PS here's a nifty BBC News article on 60 things you may or may not have known about Elton: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6455921.stm

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin