Saturday 11 March 2006

Prologue 120206

It's a long time since I did this but here goes ...

Who'd have thought 2006 would have been so newsworthy so soon? We've had classic "Celebrity Big Brother' throughout January, Denmark sparking an unlikely cartoon WW3, plus the triple Lib Dem scandals leading to (wait for it) a historic and unexpected by-election victory in an otherwise obscure 'safe' Labour seat last Thursday. That seat was my own. Truly it is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

I'm on somewhat of a downward spiral despite all of the above and a continued good showing by the new "Doctor Who" on Christmas Day and beyond (in awards). Though in December I was enthused by a successful double of an assertiveness course in Bedford immediately followed by a self-planned office outing to Belfast then 3 weeks of Christmas (I came back on 12 January) it's been trying to make something out of nothing ever since.

Being banned from Outpost Gallifrey's forum on 27 January was more of a body blow than it first seemed, and I'm only now beginning to realise it was a mistake to meekly move to Meldrum Court last June, sharply compounded by my gaining a generally useless promotion ticket 2 months later. It's a combo of the three that has lead me to the latest malaise.

The music at least has been unusually good lately - in January I was particularly fond of Texas' "Sleep". And again (on the unexpected front) Leo Sayer's second No1 at age 57 and after a 29 year break happened this weekend.

Also on the up was my INR treatment being handed over to a real turn-on of a twenty-something pharmacist. Being in a confined space when the regular deed is done (scanning his package and VPL) is even more of a hard-on situation. Especially when he keeps bending over the desk. He can prick me anytime..

But I've had no 'lurve-action' since 7 May 2005 and as my body-clock moves on this gets to be more and more of a grievance against circumstance, for it is circumstance that is foiling me. As I now get regular 9 or 10 scores on my Gaydar 'Sex Factor' from complete hunks and honeys from far abroad I know this is the case but can do little about it. Relationships seem even further off - I'm a pragmatist/realist enough to know that sex will come before a relationship blossoms, not the other way around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your very interesting blog and I look forward to seeing how it progresses .
The pictures are really good ,some being more interesting than others of course ....

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin