Tuesday 27 June 2006

Beaten Up - update

Not surprisingly, I was a little abrupt in my reporting on Saturday. Subsequent to the post my brother-in-law and younger nephew revisited the scene to see if we could find the culprits and/or to tip off Tesco's security staff (I was first confonted in their car park, though the beating was in a nearby housing estate). Ironically my older nephew was working at Tesco that night (the first time I'd seen him there) but his ideas of who did it were well off course. My brother-in-law also pointed out how easily my glasses could be mended, so they're now whole again (but severely needing replaced).

I also reported the attack to the police on Sunday - causing a very hunky policeman in tight uniform to visit me that evening (every cloud etc). They appear to be taking it seriously and will check the CCTV at Tesco. I had been a little nervous of reporting it as the startpoint had been me handing one of my scout cards to a 15 year old last month.
He took it very badly, calling me a paedophile - we were waiting at the same bus-stop and he insisted I didn't get on the bus AND that he'd tell the bus driver. The fact that the card implicitly states an age limit of 18 was lost on him. I ignored his pleas and got on the bus while he 'forgot' to tell the bus driver. I thought no more about it until our paths crossed again in Tesco's car park - again at first he was more bark than bite and a girl in his group held him back. Even then I didn't quite remember where we'd met originally. Alas he caught up with me a few minutes later. He was again completely limited to verbal abuse, but then his thick-set mate turned up. It was this one that was ready with the fists, hitting me twice on the face and spitting at me. I'm sure it didn't last very long and they scarpered after drawing blood. A car pulled up to me as I was searching for my glasses - they asked "if I was looking for my glasses" proving they'd seen everything and had kept a distance. Anyway they drove me the rest of the way home and I thanked them for their consideration.

I turned up at work yesterday morning, hoping to put it behind me, but it was obviously too early and I still felt very dizzy. My boss insisted I go back home (arranging a car to take me) and get a medical check. I went to the local casualty and got my left hand x-rayed (I fell on it and it's swollen), a handout on head injuries, and a tetanus jab. I'm feeling very sleepy still (a symptom according to the handout) and have taken today off work too.

Not terribly confident the culprits will be caught but I'll update as and when.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin