Saturday 11 September 2010

Good News and Bad News about the photos on the blog

You may be under the impression that I have won in my dispute with Picasa and that the photos are back. Sadly, this is not the case.

Following an abortive attempt at using Imagebam to host, I have found a workaround with the existing set-up. Unfortunately, it means putting a direct link to each photo using html embedding code rather than the previous automated default method. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Picasa switched the access settings on two whole folders - they contain more than 1000 images covering all the posts from April 2009 to last weekend. I hope you can appreciate that I am not prepared to redo all of that right now, so you will continue to see missing images on posts from the last 18 months.

I'll probably redo them on a piece-meal basis, but this will take a matter of weeks I think. I intend to do the posts that appear on the opening page this weekend as a start.

Th imagebam links on "Meat To Please You" and "Sunday Joint", plus embedded videos (those that are not dead anyway) are unaffected though.

If you are just desperate to see the missing images (completely out of context) in the meantime, you can still get there by going to

The World from Here (November 2009 to now) or

THE WORLD FROM HERE (April to November 2009)

Apologies - please bear with me blog friends.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin