Friday 14 April 2006

The dreaded Lurgey!

I should have been a bit more active over the past few days but I've been struck by the rather nasty cold that's been going about. It was difficult to concentrate between the coughs and sneezes and headaches. I even had to take Wednesday and Thursday off work, which is very rare for me these days.

Hopefully I think today might be the turning point as I've actually managed to cough up something suitably nasty coloured and my sinuses seem to be drying out. Had two rather uncomfortable nights too - shivering with cold on Thursday morning and only last night burning up with something that gave my mind a scary workout. It completely warped my sense of time - having gone to bed at 9.30 I suffered intense illogical onslaught (completely random words kept forming in my head and I kept giving myself absurd mental exercises - every time I let my eyes shut, my mind was asking me to guess the shape of my thoughts and other such bollocks) so was glad to be woken from it. I looked for the clock, assuming it was around 5am. It was 10pm! Tried to get off again and next time I 'woke up' I felt it must surely now be at least 4am - it was exactly midnight. I was in a sweat and my head was still buzzing. So I gave up and came downstairs to make some coffee and catch some TV for a couple of hours. I took a paracetemol and went back to bed, but I left the radio on as a 'legitimate' distraction just in case. Glad to report that I woke up at 8-ish this morning after nearly 5 hours normal sleep.

If I am getting better today then at least it's timely for the Easter break. Especially as Spring seems to have kicked in at last. In fact I was lying flat out on the lounge carpet for around an hour sunbathing yesterday, something that may have contributed to my 'fever' last night.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin